Auditions and Casting Calls for the Mockingjay Movies

April 9, 2013 | By | 27 Replies More

Mockingjay casting calls

Hot on the heels of word that  The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 was to stat shooting on September 16, there’s been a report that pre-production has started with the whole audition process about to begin.

Acting Auditions  says that  Color Force and C4 Productions are officially starting work on the Mockingjay movies.  They also confirm that the Mockingjay movies will be shot back-to-back with the schedule to run from September this year, until May 20, 2014.

If you want to know more about the casting process and how to register your interest in being an extra, then you might like to check back in with  Acting Audition’s “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1″ Auditions and Casting Calls.  They have some great advice for those that want to put themselves forward and promise to keep udating on casting details as they come in.

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Cast News, Movie News

Comments (27)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Samuel Harned says:

Hello, my name is Samuel Harned. I would love to speak about auditioning for Mockingjay. I have experience in acting from taking drama classes at my high school.All my life I have wanted to be an actor; I hope this is my chance. I absolutely love the Hunger Games series. i would like to have one chance to make my dreams come true. if you could e-mail me back I would be forever grateful. Thank you for your time and consideration.

• admin says:

Hi Samuel,
      Unfortunately we don’t have anything to do do with casting for The Hunger Games movies. If you are looking to audition you would probably be best to get an agent. If you are interested in submitting for being an extra, then local casting agents will start taking details closer to the time of filming. You will need to be able to work at the location, which at this stage looks likely to be in LA, Boston and Atlanta.

• erica says:

so ur saying we need to get an agent before auditioning for a bigger part the movie? Does anyone know when kids can audition.
        thanks

2. Hi im Lauren I wanted to know if i could try to be an extra in atlanta when they film there. i just thought this would be a good start in a career just to be there and getting the experience. i live in oklahoma so i was trying to find something close you know . Email me back if any word or tips. thanks have a blessed day. !!

3. Mae says:

Hello, I would love to be part of the mockingjay movie no matter how small the part is I just want to be part of that movie. I also love the hunger games series. Though Im just about to finish the second book. I’m from asia, about 5’7 in height and would definitely be for extra. do you think its impossible for me to audition and be part of it since I’m not from those cities? thanks

4. Megan says:

Hi I was wondering where to find the casting calls and such for the Boston area. Thanks.

• admin says:

Hi Megan,

5. Talani Anderson says:

Hi i’m from Australia and i love the books I will be auditioning for my school musical McRumplestiltskin and if somebody would let me know how to get an agent that would be great thanks.( just so you know i’m 11 years old ). It’s been my dream to become an actor since I was 8 and i have also been in 2 other musicals Peter Pan and Aladdin. I also really want to work with Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, because they are now my FAVORITE Actors since I watched the movie with my friends last year it was the best movie now i’m addicted to the hunger games. So I hope if the director reads this i”ll get a call from him. ( I wanted to play Katniss’s daughter) Bye and thanks

6. Hi,i have been wanting to try out for mockingjay movies, and i was wondering if there are any parts of any teen-age character to audition for. i also want to know when auditions are called.

7. Trinity says:

I have been interested to act in this movie since the Hunger Games came Out. I am 13 years old and I have five years of acting experience. I was able to memorize a VERY long speech for one of my performances and was one of the main characters in a 45 minute play.
    I would really love to audition and try for a speaking role when audition information comes out.

When and where will the auditions be? What is required for a speaking role?

Trinity

8. Hi, My name Celeste Robinson ,and I am willing to do stunts,play, an extra,or just star in the movie of course!But,what I’m really asking is two questions;When are the auditions called & is there any specific thing I would have to do auditioning.You have my email,so you can email me an answer whenever you want.Thanks!

9. Rachel Wills says:

Hi, my name is Rachel Wills I am 14 Years old. Ever since I read the Hunger Games series I wanted to be in the movie it is my dream!I am willing to do anything, an extra , do stunts,play a role.I am Hunger Games number one fan!!!!I have read the series so many times!! please Email me. I have one question where are the auditions at.

10. Kayla Tomme says:

Hi, my name is Kayla Tomme and I am 12 years old. Ever since I saw the movie I fell in love with the Hunger Games. I am in the process of getting the books to read. But I do have a question. What do you do if you want to be an actual character and not an extra? Please reply.

11. Miriam Gomez says:

hi, my name is miriam gomez, I’m from Spain, I have 16 years and wear from age 6 doing theater in school being protagonist of 5 performances of 12 works I’ve done.
    where I could find out how to audition to be in mockingjay as extra?

12. victoria says:

Hi I’m victoria and I have been dreaming of being an actress since I was 6, and I have wanted to be in a movie or something of the sort for years and since I saw the hunger games I have wanted to be in one of the other movies. By the way I’m 12 and if I do get a part it doesnt matter what it is

13. Hadley says:

I’m a big fan of the hunger game series! I’ve read it at least 3 times! I’m almost 13 years old and would really love to be in it- even if I were just an extra in the background! I’m 5’5 in height, and I’m the biggest fan ever!!

14. Hi, I’m Caitlynn Cullen, I’m from the United States of America, I am 14 years old, I have a little acting experience, I can quickly memorize lines, I am fairly new at theater, but I can project my voice well, thanks to being in choir. I was wondering, when and where are the auditions being held for mockingjay? Plus, what parts do you have for auditions? I want to audition for any of the female roles that you have available.

15. Ariana says:

Hi I am Ariana I’m 11 but by the time you film this movie I will be 12 I love acting and I have went to the “little theater” when I was 6 or 7 I would really like to be in Mocking Jay Please mail my mom back!! Please

Thanks!

16. Bah Bigman says:

Hello my name is Bah.
    I’m from Arizona. I am Native American. I am about 5’5 and weigh 120. I am 15 years old. I am very athletic and can do almost what anybody can do. I sing, I dance, Im very outgoing. Please e-mail me back i will be very thankful! Thank You for your time and consideration!

17. Hi, Iam Humberto Garza and my dream is becoming a perofrmer and this is the perfect chance too me!! really! i am the fan #1 in Mexico! i am 14 years olld an i can be an extra or something like that please send me a email! Thanks! and may the odds be ever in your favor!

18. Caroline Roberts says:

Hey I am Caroline, I am 14 and would absolutely be the happiest person ever if I was to be an extra or more in MockingJay part 1. I dance and I am 5’2. PLEASE tell me how to contact people who could get me into the movie I would be so grateful! Thanks for taking your time to read this and I hope I would just love to be in it!

19. Shelby Parker says:

To Whom it May Concern,

I would love to be an extra or maybe even have a small role in this movie. I’ve been acting in plays since I was little and have always wanted to be in a movie. The Hunger Games is one of my favorite movies, and I’ve read all the books too. My talents and hobbies are dancing, singing, acting, art and playing the flute. I’m only 13 and in middle school, but I would appreciate it if you could take me into consideration. Contact me as soon as possible to let me know about auditions. Thank you for your time.

Shelby Parker

20. nataly says:

i really want to act in the mockingjay movie i am 11 and i go to drama class i am so good that my teacher send me to a tv add so if you want me to be in a role with the movie i up for it loved the books thanks for your time and please come back to me as soon as you have read this thanks.
    greetings nataly

21. Riane says:

Hi there! I’m Riane, How do I get an agent that is great with young girls, is professional and lives somewhere close to Saskatchewan? Please comment back

22. Riane Sewap says:

Hey there! I’m Riane, I was wondering where auditions are for The Hunger Games are? I live in Canada. How do I get a agent that is great with young teens?? Thanks

23. Lucy Heagler says:

My name is Lucy Heagler. I am in the fifth grade. I have always wanted to be an actress and I have been in multiple plays before. I have been in a school production of Willy Wonka where I played three roles. I have also been in a summer camp production of Princess and the Frog where I played the main character Tiana. My hobbies include, dancing, acting, softball, playing the cello, gymnastics, volleyball, and writing. I have dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and I am 5ft tall. Thank you for taking my aplication into consideration.
    I have two questions, when are the auditions for Mockingjay? And where are they held? I also have a picture if needed.

24. Meighen Cleary says:

Hi my name is Meighen i am turnong 13 and i am looking to get into the hunger games Mockingjaypart one or two. I would love to have an audition even for a smaller role. I am looking to start off my acting career and i am a big fan of the hunger games. I have been told i am a good actor. Please take me into consideration, contact me asap. Thanks